Monday, March 19

Down and Out

A few weeks ago I was struck down with the flu virus. Now, a lot of people say they have the flu when in fact they only have a very very bad cold. But this was like nothing I’d ever had before. I had no energy for over a week, was feverish at times, going from freezing cold to burning hot in the space of milliseconds and just felt like I wanted to curl up and sleep all the time, and then there was the annoying cough.

So yes, not a very fun time for me at all, the one bonus was, I did have to stay home from work for nine days, this let me catch up on some TV/DVD viewing.

The annoying thing now though is that where I work, they include the weekends in the time you take off sick, so although I only missed seven days of work, by their reckoning I was off sick for 10 days, this means that I need to get a doctors certificate, for which the doctor will charge me £13 which I cannot claim back from work even though it’s because of work that I need the thing in the first place. What’s up with that.

No comments: