Thursday, July 12

Tomorrow - Friday 13th

Tomorrow on Friday 13th we go to Celebration Europe at the Excel Centre in London. For those that don't know Celebration is the big Star Wars convention held in America, and for the first time they've decided to hold one in Europe - London.

Seeing as my GF is a big SW fan, I bought her (and myself) a ticket for Friday (though it's actually on for three days, Friday to Sunday). She's really excited about going to this, but me, I'm still not sure if I'm excited by it or not...as I said to her over dinner, I may well take moments away and just sit in a cafe having tea while she wanders around...or something, we'll see.

The tickets themselves weren't that bad, costing approx £21 for a one day adult pass, or about £50 for a three day adult pass. There are a number of SW stars going to be in attendance, including Luke himself, Mark Hammil, though if you want his autograph it's going to cost you £85. Yes that's right £85, alas there will be more than enough people who will queue up for his autograph, personally I think it's disgusting how much they'll be charging.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Just a hunch... but I'll bet you had fun in spite of yourself. ;)

Patecatli said...

It was quite a good day, and I'm glad I went along...

Quantumfan said...

85 spacebucks? We could almost buy our own ship for that! :-)